Box of 12 X 300ml cartridges of Flueseal 1000°C (300ml)
Fire Protection: Non-combustible adhesive/sealant
Water based. Ready to use. Cartridge applied. Pre-mixed Ceramic Adhesive paste to +1000°C.
Will comply with BS 476: Part 4: Non combustibility test for materials & EN13501-1: Fire Test to Building Material - Class A1
Flue Sealant – High temperature rigid seals for flues, stoves and other heating devices.
Maximum Continuous Service Temperature: +1000°C. Strong adhesive properties at all temperatures. Specifically designed for use on all types of flues e.g. stainless steel, vitreous enamel coated flue, ceramic flue pipes, concrete & pumice block, etc.
Fortafix HT FlueSeal is water based and does not contain hydrocarbon resins or solvents.
Developed for improved cohesion, adhesion, and strength. Economical in cost and application
Air setting (time related) - to form hard and rigid ceramic mass which is resistant to fire & thermal shock. Hardens by air drying and operational heat which improves and strengthens seals and joints.
Water resistance will be improved by the application of heat.
Colour - Black
Also suitable for Ceramic, Glass, Metals, Concrete, Stone, Silicate Fibre Materials, High Temperature Thermal Insulation and many other industrial materials
- Thoroughly clean and degrease all surfaces to be bonded or sealed.
- A light surface abrasion of the material to be bonded will increase the surface area available for adhesion and improve mechanical key.
- Apply the adhesive as supplied to all surfaces to be bonded and complete tooling within 5-10 minutes.
- Apply moderate pressure to ensure even anchorage and solid contact of the surfaces to be bonded, so that all surfaces are fully wetted.
- Secure components and allow the adhesive to set.
- All application equipment should be cleaned with warm water immediately after application.
This product is water based and can be air set - depending on temperature, humidity, porosity of substrates, joint design, glue line thickness, volume of adhesive and area etc.
A rough guide for typical applications at room temperature and average humidity would be approximately 36-48 hours.
Full curing can be accelerated by the application of gentle and progressive heat.
Under these circumstances - care must be taken when initially raising the temperature through 100°C, as this may lead boiling of residual water in the glue line and product failure.
Once opened, seal container, to avoid continuous exposure to air. Cartridges should be stored in an upright position at all times. Product should be stored in original packaging between 5 - 30oC. Protect from freezing – may cause separation of components. Shelf life – 12 months.